• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Google Font "Bitter" some styles are missing

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just installed the newest After Effects and found out most of the styles for Google Font "Bitter" are missing.

Only: italic, bold italic and black are working, but 15 other styles are missing.

I've tried removing and reinstalling the font but this didn't work.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try opening up the Creative Cloud app, select Fonts, click on Browse More Fonts, then add Google Bitter to the type kit. I found it here. There are only 6 styles available from Font Kit. 

Bitter is an open-source font so I think if you want to try and access all of the styles in the font you will have to deactivate the font from Type Kit and try installing the font using your font manager. I tried it on OSX but only two of the light styles worked in AE. All styles were available in Pages. This tells me that there is something funny going on with the true type font I downloaded from Google Fonts.  It is not at all unusual to have problems with free fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines