Highlighted

GPU/CPU and 3D Camera tracker / Warp Stabilizer

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer is running 12 cores, RTX 2080ti and 64g ram. 

When applying 3d Camera tracker / Warp Stabilizer (and other "analyzing in background") my computer is only using 2-3% on gpu and cpu (even if im not moving mouse or anything) 

So these effects can take 5-15min on short clips in 4k to "analyze" which really holds up my work flow.

Is there a way to alter "analyze in background" power allotment?

Or a way to "analyze now" with full power?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

GPU/CPU and 3D Camera tracker / Warp Stabilizer

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer is running 12 cores, RTX 2080ti and 64g ram. 

When applying 3d Camera tracker / Warp Stabilizer (and other "analyzing in background") my computer is only using 2-3% on gpu and cpu (even if im not moving mouse or anything) 

So these effects can take 5-15min on short clips in 4k to "analyze" which really holds up my work flow.

Is there a way to alter "analyze in background" power allotment?

Or a way to "analyze now" with full power?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 23, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such thing. I can only refer to the gazillion "How to optimize performance in AE?" threads for detailed explanations. The short version is, that AE barely even uses GPU acceleration, is barely multithreaded, does not use any fancy asynchronous parallel processing and on top of it is further restricted by general limitations of working with video like linear, sequential file access to produce temporally consistent results. You can't change any of that.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did went into the scripts for premier to allot more processing power for exports and added 10% more power (kinda scary but it worked). But that is multithreaded and cuda enabled. I guess there isn't an option for that for in background processes in Ae and Pr.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2020 0