Highlighted

GPU optimization for after effect

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
After effect does not use the graphics card. I have an RTX 2070, when I look at the performance of the pc I realize that the memory of the gpu is not used. How to fix this problem? I have 64 GB of memory that are constantly saturated. Shouldn’t the graphics card take over, to speed up the preview? I ticked in acceleration cuda. The pilots are up to date
Sorry for my english.
Have a good day.
TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

GPU optimization for after effect

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
After effect does not use the graphics card. I have an RTX 2070, when I look at the performance of the pc I realize that the memory of the gpu is not used. How to fix this problem? I have 64 GB of memory that are constantly saturated. Shouldn’t the graphics card take over, to speed up the preview? I ticked in acceleration cuda. The pilots are up to date
Sorry for my english.
Have a good day.
TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 04, 2020 0
Guide ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From where do you get the information, that AE is fully supporting GPU?

Because only a few effects and some 3rd party plugins are gpu-accelerated.

In AE, most work is still done be CPU. There is no fix, because nothing is wrong.That is what everybody else is dealing with.

*Martin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answer. So there is no problem, it’s just that I need a lot more memory, because the cpu is far from being saturated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 05, 2020 0
Guide ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't bet on this. Even with gigabytes of RAM added, it's possible that the CPU will never be fully saturated.

AE prefers high clock speeds over cores. An average i7 with 4 cores will be faster when it comes to AE, as an newly high-end 24 cores Xeon, or any averaged Threadripper. Recommended CPUs for AE are: i7, i9, latest and highest Threadripper

That's a bit sad, but the situation we are in.

However, with a lot of RAM, you can use render managers as RenderGarden, RenderBoss, or BG Renderer. Those will speed up your renderings and saturate the CPU more than AE ever will.

For seriours work, you should aim for 32GB at least, 64GB would be way better.

Read more about recommended hardware here:
https://www.pugetsystems.com/all_articles.php?filter[]=After%20Effects

*Martin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 05, 2020 0