Highlighted

Gradient with colors flowing

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 🙂

I'd like to create a gradient animation where both colors flow into eachother imagine two different colored fluids one on the left and one on the right side with motion induced. In the middle, both colors mix but not like an ideal gradient.

I hope you know what I mean as it's not possible to post a refernce video because I found litterally nothing about it.

Have a great day 🙂

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Mylenium | Most Valuable Participant

Well, you found nothing because a) it's an unusual idea in the first place and b) likely a major pain in the posterior sections to make it work. I think I understand what you are getting at, but the way I envision this this would be tricky even with genbuine fluid simulation in a 3D program. It's the old issue of physical simulations vs. art directability. As far as AE is concverned I would start with a bunch of masks, lots of feathering and tons of different blurs. E.g. CC vector Blur can be extremely useful in perpedicular mode. Additional Distortion filters inbetween can also give you pretty much every kind of swirl you can imagine. it will be just a lot of tweaking and finetuning, as these things often are rather unpredictable.

Mylenium

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Gradient with colors flowing

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 🙂

I'd like to create a gradient animation where both colors flow into eachother imagine two different colored fluids one on the left and one on the right side with motion induced. In the middle, both colors mix but not like an ideal gradient.

I hope you know what I mean as it's not possible to post a refernce video because I found litterally nothing about it.

Have a great day 🙂

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Mylenium | Most Valuable Participant

Well, you found nothing because a) it's an unusual idea in the first place and b) likely a major pain in the posterior sections to make it work. I think I understand what you are getting at, but the way I envision this this would be tricky even with genbuine fluid simulation in a 3D program. It's the old issue of physical simulations vs. art directability. As far as AE is concverned I would start with a bunch of masks, lots of feathering and tons of different blurs. E.g. CC vector Blur can be extremely useful in perpedicular mode. Additional Distortion filters inbetween can also give you pretty much every kind of swirl you can imagine. it will be just a lot of tweaking and finetuning, as these things often are rather unpredictable.

Mylenium

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 02, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 0