Highlighted

Gradients in Transparent Animated GIFS

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey All,

I am currently trying to create an animated GIF in photoshop of snow falling on a transparent background. The issue I am running into is that the gradient of each snowflake is becoming a solid fill, so i just have a bunch of white circles in the final product. I attached 2 images, one of how its looking when im trying to export it as an animated gif, and one with a black background to show what the snow looks like. It seems to export fine with a background behind it but when I try to do so with transparency im running into this issue. Can anyone advise?Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 12.09.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-22 at 12.09.33 PM.png

TOPICS
Error or problem, FAQ, Import and export, Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Gradients in Transparent Animated GIFS

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey All,

I am currently trying to create an animated GIF in photoshop of snow falling on a transparent background. The issue I am running into is that the gradient of each snowflake is becoming a solid fill, so i just have a bunch of white circles in the final product. I attached 2 images, one of how its looking when im trying to export it as an animated gif, and one with a black background to show what the snow looks like. It seems to export fine with a background behind it but when I try to do so with transparency im running into this issue. Can anyone advise?Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 12.09.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-22 at 12.09.33 PM.png

TOPICS
Error or problem, FAQ, Import and export, Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GIF support for transparency only goes as far as On or Off - with no intermediate transparency values. You'll get more info here - https://community.adobe.com/t5/animate/export-an-animated-gif-to-be-transparent-specific-issue-below...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2020 0
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Roland already said, it's a limitation of the format. Only exactly one color in the index table can be transparent. You need to rethink your workflow.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2020 0