Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Green and purple distorted clips

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

green glitch thing.PNG

I have had this issue for a couple of months now and have been trying the other methods that were recommended on this forum for this issue but they don't seem to work. I am not that smart with computer hardware but people have been mentioning that the driver isn't up to date or to turn off GPU acceleration. I have done both and they have not worked. It may be a super simple solution and I just know nothing.

System: HP Envy x360 M6-AQ105DX

Processor: Intel Core i7-7500U 7th Gen dual-core 2.7-3.5GHz 4MB cache

Graphics: Intel HD 620 integrated graphics

Ram: 16 GB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Well, judging from the name of the clip it was likely encoded with some obscure screen capture software using vendor-specific hardware acceleration functions that may not be available on your intel-graphics-only system. Other than converting it externally beforehand it may not be possible to use at all. Therefore the first thing to try would be whether it actually works correctly with regular clips other than game footage and then find out how the clip(s) that give you trouble are actualyl creat

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, judging from the name of the clip it was likely encoded with some obscure screen capture software using vendor-specific hardware acceleration functions that may not be available on your intel-graphics-only system. Other than converting it externally beforehand it may not be possible to use at all. Therefore the first thing to try would be whether it actually works correctly with regular clips other than game footage and then find out how the clip(s) that give you trouble are actualyl created/ encoded.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I converted the file to an avi format and that seemed to work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How did you convert the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines