Highlighted

Green flicker and glitch when previewing and after rendering

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ! i'm currently clueless, I have wierd flicker issues and I can't find any fix/answer anywhere.

The problem started after I imported an After Effects project inside an other one. Now, when I preview a composition, it start to flicker. Sometime random frame appear (some from deleted videos or some that should appear later on) and sometime it's green flicker. At the time this glitch started, I was not on the latest version of After Effects. The last time I updated the software was 1 months ago. Still, the glitch persists after updating to the latest version.

I allready deleted After Effects, cleaned the pc (the registery + temp files + defragmentation), restarted the computer and restalled After Effects, but the problem persists.

The flickers affects any project, old as new. As soon as I open any project and I start a preview, the glitch begins.

here's an example : wierd Glitch - YouTube  Flickers start around 9 sec

Anyone know how to resolve this issue ?

Correct answer by mtruchon007 | Community Beginner

I resolved the problem by openning a ticket with the adobe support. After a small chat adobe asked to take control of my pc, and I accepted.

The problem was a wrong installation of a plugin. Some folder are not deleted when you delete after effect from the control panel or with the cloud app, so you need to remove these folder manually.

Try to open a ticket with the support of media encoder, since there is no live chat with the support of adobe

Hope it help !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Green flicker and glitch when previewing and after rendering

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ! i'm currently clueless, I have wierd flicker issues and I can't find any fix/answer anywhere.

The problem started after I imported an After Effects project inside an other one. Now, when I preview a composition, it start to flicker. Sometime random frame appear (some from deleted videos or some that should appear later on) and sometime it's green flicker. At the time this glitch started, I was not on the latest version of After Effects. The last time I updated the software was 1 months ago. Still, the glitch persists after updating to the latest version.

I allready deleted After Effects, cleaned the pc (the registery + temp files + defragmentation), restarted the computer and restalled After Effects, but the problem persists.

The flickers affects any project, old as new. As soon as I open any project and I start a preview, the glitch begins.

here's an example : wierd Glitch - YouTube  Flickers start around 9 sec

Anyone know how to resolve this issue ?

Correct answer by mtruchon007 | Community Beginner

I resolved the problem by openning a ticket with the adobe support. After a small chat adobe asked to take control of my pc, and I accepted.

The problem was a wrong installation of a plugin. Some folder are not deleted when you delete after effect from the control panel or with the cloud app, so you need to remove these folder manually.

Try to open a ticket with the support of media encoder, since there is no live chat with the support of adobe

Hope it help !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 25, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you try anything else, first try clearing AE memory & caches.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the first thing I did. I tryed to clear the memory and the caches several time, but nothing changed

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem and I'm using a Mac.
Started happening when I updated AE. Problem is that is no longer affects the preview, AE now RENDERS these green flickers into the video.
I tried:
checking the original video, does not have the flickers.
Purged all memory
Reinstalled AE

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope it help !

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind sharing what exactly they did? It might help the rest of us

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 30, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. The frame glitches to random spots and then back and flickers green every few frames. I’m not sure why it’s doing this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, so the green flicker returned in another project, and after investigating I finally found the source of the issue. The problem was a specific codec from my camera. because of that codec After effects was unable to read proprely the files. this post from 2011 explain quite well the problem : CreativeCOW​​​.With Media Encoder, I transcoded my .mp4 file into a lossless quicktime format (DNxHR RGB 444 10bit) and everything work fine now. the flicker and wierd glitch are gone.

Let me know if doing the same thing resolved your issues.

For the folders, I do not remember where and what they are. I'm absolutely not sure, but I guess they are %appdata%, in program files or in documents. The best is to open a ticket to the support. I'm really sorry.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 14, 2018 4
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did a test using iPhone footage in After Effects with a screen recording. Randomly produced green flickering. Replaced clip with an .mp4 converted with Adobe Media Encoder and it worked perfectly. Cheers!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2018 3
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved using Adobe Media Encoder!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow, yes it worked!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It accures because the footage frame rate doesn't match the comp frame rate
try to convert the video or change your comp frame rate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 12, 2020 0