• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Green Screen pull using Keylight

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Keylight in the past with no problems. I can't seem to pull a key of this clip that doesn't chatter everyframe even though it is a lock down shot, nothing moves, lighting does not change. I don't know what I am missing. I have attached a 2 second clip. If someone can key this cleanly could you tell me what I am doing wrong? I know I could just freeze the frame, but there is a moving shot coming later so I need to figure this out. Thanks.

Best,

Mike

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what the original looks like but the MP4 you shared has a lot of compression artifacts that are visible when you look at the combined matte and start dragging around the Screen Gain and Screen Balance sliders. 

Screenshot_2020-07-09 10.56.03_yqclKG.png

Check your original footage. 

That also looks like Log footage so you should be in 16-bit color in your Project Settings and you might want to try adding some color correction to pull the key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,
Thanks for responding so quickly.

The original camra footage was MXP, but that format is not supported on this forum. The matte chatter from frame to frame is the same with the MXP footage. I could send you it in another format?
Project settings are set to 32 bits (float)
I just don't get why on one frame I can pull a fairly clean matte (much cleaner than the one you show) and in spite of some of the surfaces may be reflecting some green, but then in the next frame it is different and the frame after that and so on. Nothing is changing in the shot, lighting, movement, nothing.
What am I missing here.
-m

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could use Google Drive or Dropbox to share a short piece of the XMP file. I think it may have more to do with the source file than the lighting. I'd like to play with it and see what I get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines