Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer, and Footage Panels Glitch

Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! Recently my After Effects has become one of the biggest headaches. When I have Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer, and Footage on and preview through my composition it shows only a frozen frame of part of the composition. When I try to clear my cache it does the same thing and still only shows a frozen frame. I have had AE for about 4 years now and have always had Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer, and Footage on. I tried unchecking it in preferences to which the frozen frame went away and I was able to preview my composition but the realtime is extremely slow. For example if my comp is 29fps the real-time will only stay around 25fps and never preview at real-time.

I tried uninstalling, clearing files, restarting my laptop, but nothing has worked. My AE was fine last week and now it's gone completely rouge. If I have Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer, and Footage on I get a frozen frame but if I don't I can't  preview in real-time. If anyone could help I'd appreciate it. I'm at my wits end.

For reference I use After Effects CC 2020, a Dell Inspiron 5570, Graphics: Intel (R) UHD Graphics 620, and I have 12GB of RAM.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a typo. I use AE 2019 not 2020! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi me too had the same issue, you need to update your graphics driver.  https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download-center/home.html

Keep the Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer, and Footage Panels checked on. Turning it off does not solve anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines