• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hardware accelerated views have been disabled because they are not compatible with remote desktop

Engaged ,
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just started getting this error after updating to CC and latest NVIDIA drivers:

7-2-2013 3-04-35 PM.jpg

I don't run Remote Desktop. After this message appears, the checkbox in my preferences is disabled:

7-2-2013 3-05-46 PM.jpg

If I reboot my computer, the checkbox is again enabled, but then the error message about the remote Desktop appears, not right away, but after several minutes.

Details:

Windows 7 Pro

Intel i7 CPU X980 @ 3.3GHz

24GB RAM

GeForce GTX 680, Driver 320.49

AE CC 12.0.0.404

Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Yup, getting this bug still.

Hold on. this thread up until your recent response did not have the option to try the new update which came out yesterday. Ae 14.1 is supposed to resolve this issue. January 2017 Update to After Effects CC Is Now Available | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

please make sure your are using 14.1 and see if this works and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, getting this bug still.

Hold on. this thread up until your recent response did not have the option to try the new update which came out yesterday. Ae 14.1 is supposed to resolve this issue. January 2017 Update to After Effects CC Is Now Available | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

please make sure your are using 14.1 and see if this works and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what do you know, this is an error/bug that gets called out by name in the latest update AE 14.1. Installing it now, lets hope the update resolves it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm am still having this issue and all my products are updated to 14.1. I tried restarting and reconnecting but still having no playback.

My build:

windows 10 pro; using Remote Desktop

intel i7-7700k 4.20ghz

ram: 32gb

evga  Nividia geforce gtx 1070

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi austinh42392785, if you are actually using Remote Desktop it might not be a bug or error for you; what you're trying to accomplish might actually just not be supported by After Effects through Remote Desktop. At least for my use case, I wasn't using Remote Desktop but still getting the notification - now they cleared that up. I'm not using Remote Desktop -> I'm no longer receiving a message about Remote Desktop not working.

Everybody's use case is different - if you can use AE without Remote Desktop, do you still get the info pop up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

14.2 update and I still get this error message when trying to render.

windows 10 pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines