Highlighted

Harry Potter Spell

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I am having a bit of trouble figuring out how to add an already made wand spell to the wand is Adobe After Effects. I'm a beginner so I don't really know how to use it... If anyone could give me advice, that would be great!

Topics

How to, Import and export, Performance, Resources, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Harry Potter Spell

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I am having a bit of trouble figuring out how to add an already made wand spell to the wand is Adobe After Effects. I'm a beginner so I don't really know how to use it... If anyone could give me advice, that would be great!

Topics

How to, Import and export, Performance, Resources, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what you mean when you say "an already made wand spell to the wand."

Do you have two layers, one with an effect and one with footage of somebody holding a wand? Do you need to create the "wand" effect and what does that look like? Do you need to create a wand and an effect? Explain what you have and what you want to do in detail and maybe we can help.

In the meantime, especially if you are new, it is a really good idea to use the Learn resources on the After Effects Home screen or check out the tutorials on the After Effects Product page, or even the User Guide link on this forum. They all point to some pretty decent tutorials that will get you started. Without a good understanding of how the UI and the workflow work a simple explanation on the forum isn't going to do you much good. You also have to be very warry about tutorials you find searching the web. Most of them are presented by enthusiasts and they can be poorly explained and even promote terrible workflows. I spend an awful lot of time on this forum helping people fix problems they are having because the tutorials they follow are terrible. Vet your trainers. Make sure they know what they are talking about.

Answer the questions in my first paragraph and maybe we can help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 07, 2020 0
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using a specific template/ pre-made project you have to at least provide a link to where you got it from and of course in order to understand your shot you have to provide a screenshot/ reference frame. Other than that I agree with Rick - you can't avoid digging into at least the basics or else even the most well-intentioned explanation will not help you. AE is a complex program and it's very likely that you need to do a lot more than just import the template to make it fit your scene.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 07, 2020 0