Highlighted

Has anyone created effects on AE for smartphone editors?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone created effects on AE for smartphone editors? I'm currently trying to create effects for smartphones but there is a huge limitation in using chroma key in smartphones as it removes black and white. 

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Topics

How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Has anyone created effects on AE for smartphone editors?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone created effects on AE for smartphone editors? I'm currently trying to create effects for smartphones but there is a huge limitation in using chroma key in smartphones as it removes black and white. 

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Topics

How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 01, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really not clear what you are actually asking. You need to provide a better explanation of what you are actually trying to do.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 01, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example, I edit lowerthirds, transitions, and certain special effects like glitter and flame effects which are then transfered into smartphones. Once inside smartphones, I use chroma key in the phone editor to remove the black background but in doing so, removes some of the content I edited in AE. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 02, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still not clear what this has to do with AE. Why not simply find an editing tool that supports actual transparency like e.g. being able to use PNGs? This is really nothing you can influence from AE if the keying function of the tools you use are that crude and limited. At best I could imagine that you might get by using "false color" encoding, i.e. colorizing elements in a way that they aren't affected by the keyer like turning a black phone blue and then reversing the color again on the phone, but that would entirely depend on the app you use actually allowing such selective color corrections.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 02, 2020 0
Flowtoro LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem is the format can't be in PNG as I'm editing effects for videos. I render the effects into H.264 and then transfer them into the smartphone. The editing app that I use on the phone is Vmix.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 02, 2020 0