Highlighted

Has anyone ever worked with 29.989 fps ?

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to edit a video, the rush says it has a 29.989 fps, which after effects renders all laggy and with broken frames. I have never worked with such frame rate, has anyone ? thanks !

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Import and export, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Has anyone ever worked with 29.989 fps ?

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to edit a video, the rush says it has a 29.989 fps, which after effects renders all laggy and with broken frames. I have never worked with such frame rate, has anyone ? thanks !

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Import and export, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 22, 2020 0
Guide ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it is a varibale frame rate, which AE cannot handle.

*Martin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you get odd frame rates like that the footage almost always comes from a consumer device like a mobile phone. Select the footage in the Project Panel, then go to the File/Interpret Footage/Main menu (Alt/Option + Ctrl/Cmnd + g) and conform the frame rate to the nearest industry standard. For your footage, this will be 29.97 fps. There will be an imperceptible change in the pitch of the audio but most of the time, this will fix the problem. 

If this does not fix the problem you'll have to drop the footage in the Adobe Media Encoder and force the footage to a new frame rate and just live with any blended frames that are created. If you use the AME to render a production master from the original footage do not render another H.264 compressed movie unless you can live with the compression and motion artifacts you will end up with. Instead, choose a visually lossless format from the other presets. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2020 0