Having Trouble with Cache in After Effects

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(I have a MacBook Air (2017))

In After Effects a window pops up saying that my disk cache folder doesn't have enough space, and it doesn't save videos properly because of it. I've tried deleting my preferences, and I've tried purging it (though there's nothing for me to purge, as it says "Do you want to delete all files (0 KB) from your disk cache"), and I've tried going into my Library folder to clear the cache there, but there's nothing in it for me to delete anyways. Plus, I have plenty of room left in my storage and in creative cloud storage.

When I try to go to "Edit" and find "Preferences" like many videos show, the "Preferences" section is nowhere to be found. (And I've tried closing and opening and re-looking several times, so I didn't look over it...) 

I've even tried to simply restart it, but nothing is working. 

I am not sure where the Preferences folder could possibly be, or how my disk cache storage is full where there is no cache for me to delete. It is a very odd situation... Does anyone have any insight on how I could fix this?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Having Trouble with Cache in After Effects

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(I have a MacBook Air (2017))

In After Effects a window pops up saying that my disk cache folder doesn't have enough space, and it doesn't save videos properly because of it. I've tried deleting my preferences, and I've tried purging it (though there's nothing for me to purge, as it says "Do you want to delete all files (0 KB) from your disk cache"), and I've tried going into my Library folder to clear the cache there, but there's nothing in it for me to delete anyways. Plus, I have plenty of room left in my storage and in creative cloud storage.

When I try to go to "Edit" and find "Preferences" like many videos show, the "Preferences" section is nowhere to be found. (And I've tried closing and opening and re-looking several times, so I didn't look over it...) 

I've even tried to simply restart it, but nothing is working. 

I am not sure where the Preferences folder could possibly be, or how my disk cache storage is full where there is no cache for me to delete. It is a very odd situation... Does anyone have any insight on how I could fix this?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 25, 2020 0

Have something to add?