• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having trouble with green screen keying

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. The mov file looks ok when I import it (photo 1). I then drag the "Keylight + Key Cleaner + Advanced Spill Suppressor" effect into the file, then drag the screen colour dropper into an area of the green which gives photo 2 (intermediate result - you can see the subject is very grainy). Selecting "screen matte" gives me photo 3 and the subject is composed of a lot of black which l think is wrong. Final result gives photo 4. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong please? Also, when I click the spacebar to play the clip, it can only play at about one hundreth of the correct speed (I just bought a new laptop with 32 gig of RAM so I don't think that is the issue). Thanks!

IMG_0073.jpgIMG_0074.jpgIMG_0075.jpgIMG_0076.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your workflow is all fouled up. Start with only Keylight, sample the color, then start working through the controls until you can see a good clean black and white image when viewing Combined Matte. Then do some final tweaks with the other controls looking at the Final result and checking the image. Only add other effects as needed to clean up the edges and add some light wrap. I was able to pull this from a screenshot of your screenshot using only Keylight. Here's a very clean combined matte with just a few adjustments after the color sample.

Screenshot_2020-08-03 09.31.53_6YDeKr.png 

Here's the final result, color corrected, with a little light wrap and an image from my phone as a background.

 

Screenshot_2020-08-03 09.41.24_jxIsFA.png

If I had the original footage the settings would be a little different and I might do other things to the image but that would depend on the background. 

There is some pretty good information on using Keylight in AE's online help. Just type Keylight in the Search Help field at the top right corner of AE and do a little studying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Rick that is extremely helpful. Might you also know what the issue is with the playback speed? The green screen video is a .mov file and is 1.8GB (about six minutes). My laptop satisfies all the system requirements for AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The time it takes to render a preview and the length of the preview depend on your comp size, the comp frame rate, the comp panel resolution (should always be set to Auto) the comp Magnification Ratio in the Lower left corner (probably should be 50% most of the time on a laptop) and the Fast Previews options of the Comp Panel's viewer. You can get longer previews if you set the Preview Panel to skip frames, but do not change the Preview Panel frame rate. Keep it set to Auto.

Sounds to me like you need to spend a couple of hours with the User Guide going over the basics of the AE UI and Workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Rick understood. As you might have guessed I am an amateur trying to make my own Youtube video presentations. Not easy when one doesn't have a design software background! Thx again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines