• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having Trouble Working with MOV (qtrle) footage on Windows

Participant ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a quick 10 second comp in after effects and I'm importing a few .MOV (qtrle) clips with an alpha channel from StoryBlocks. I'm on a Windows 10 PC on the latest build of AE before the new icon change. 

In the comp, the .MOV clips disappear as I'm playing back and in a few frames. a white box appears in place of the clips. This happens when I playback or export.

I've also tried to convert the. MOV clips to another format using Media Encoder but I get this error every single time. "Error retrieving frame 1 at time 00:00:00:01 from the file..."

What can I do to work with these .MOV clips or how can I convert them to a different filetype while keeping the alpha channel? Thank you.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to resort to alternate converter tools like Media Player Classic with teh respective extensions and convert the files to image sequences or whatever. QT is more or less kaput since Apple are no longer maintaining it properly.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply, yeah I noticed that the files wouldn't even open on the Mac I use for testing. QuickTime had to convert them first.

Since the clips are just simple bullet hole overlays for an action scene, I'll probably just convert them to .MP4 and color key out the black background. Then use masks to keep the black inside of the bullet holes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines