Highlighted

HELP! AE rendering random glitched frames!

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, so this has been absolutely baffling me all week. I work on AE on a daily basis and I've just recently purchased a brand new fully upgraded MacBook Pro 16" (so it really shouldn't be a machine issue). It's now been a full week since I've moved onto this new machine and I've had this consistent problem. When I'm rendering my projects there will randomly occur a glitched blue frame (from the project I'm working on or one I've worked on in the past) that is flipped on its head. It only ever lasts for one frame but has been causing me huge headaches. I'm sure it's a disk cache issue as, on occasion, I empty the disk cache before rendering and it sorts the issue. But then other times it'll just move that glitched frame to another part of the video or even multiply them throughout said project! I'm desperate to find a solution as its making the entire programme wholly unreliable. I work on really tight turnarounds and so these seemingly small issues are having a drastic impact on my daily workflow. 

I've seen similar posts from a few years ago but answers are largely limited to: "its a known issue that can't be fixed". This is a HUGE problem for me as this issue effectively renders after effects totally untrustworthy as my daily programme of choice. 

I'm praying someone somewhere will have a solution! I'd be eternally grateful for a response. 

Best, 

Will. 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

HELP! AE rendering random glitched frames!

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, so this has been absolutely baffling me all week. I work on AE on a daily basis and I've just recently purchased a brand new fully upgraded MacBook Pro 16" (so it really shouldn't be a machine issue). It's now been a full week since I've moved onto this new machine and I've had this consistent problem. When I'm rendering my projects there will randomly occur a glitched blue frame (from the project I'm working on or one I've worked on in the past) that is flipped on its head. It only ever lasts for one frame but has been causing me huge headaches. I'm sure it's a disk cache issue as, on occasion, I empty the disk cache before rendering and it sorts the issue. But then other times it'll just move that glitched frame to another part of the video or even multiply them throughout said project! I'm desperate to find a solution as its making the entire programme wholly unreliable. I work on really tight turnarounds and so these seemingly small issues are having a drastic impact on my daily workflow. 

I've seen similar posts from a few years ago but answers are largely limited to: "its a known issue that can't be fixed". This is a HUGE problem for me as this issue effectively renders after effects totally untrustworthy as my daily programme of choice. 

I'm praying someone somewhere will have a solution! I'd be eternally grateful for a response. 

Best, 

Will. 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 14, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Will,

I understand that's inconvenient. We've got your back. Would you mind sharing the following details:

1. What's the exact version of After Effects you're using?
  2. What are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS)?
  3. Is it happening with multiple projects?
  4. A screenshot or screen recording that shows the issue would be helpful.

Meanwhile, try exporting the project with the Mercury Software Only renderer selected (File > Project Settings) and see if that brings any change.

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2020 0