Highlighted

HELP! After effects animation Layer and Keyframes transition

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello adobe community.
I just started with after effects to create an explainer Video for a university project and im really enthusiastic about the after effect app and its possibilitys!

I learned a lot and have some basic understanding about layers and keyframes but at one specific point i dont find any information on the internet (or i just have no idea what to type into google).

Following Problem occurt
I bought some assets from envato for the explainer video. Everything works great, but i have a problem with transitioning animations from one layer to another.

There are 2 Layers with the animated Stickman each. Graphics are the same and the animations are just fine. The problem is, that they dont start / end at the some positions (arm, legs, etc.).

But when i align the different layer in the timeline right after another, the ending position / animation of the first layer isnt congruent to the first position / animation of the second layer.

Now i try to find best practice to make a transition from the end animation in layer 1 to the first animation in layer 2.

I figuered out, that i could set each of the keyframes manually, but this would be a huge and time consuming task throughout the project, as there are arms, legs, body, head eye movements and so on. This wont be the only part in this video i have to do this.

Is there any possibility to just click 2 buttons for example to create an automatic transition from layer to layer? That would speed up to creation of my video tremendously!

There are Screenshots attached to create a better impression of what im reffeing to.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards!

Martin

Lorem Ipsum

Topics

Error or problem, FAQ, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

HELP! After effects animation Layer and Keyframes transition

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello adobe community.
I just started with after effects to create an explainer Video for a university project and im really enthusiastic about the after effect app and its possibilitys!

I learned a lot and have some basic understanding about layers and keyframes but at one specific point i dont find any information on the internet (or i just have no idea what to type into google).

Following Problem occurt
I bought some assets from envato for the explainer video. Everything works great, but i have a problem with transitioning animations from one layer to another.

There are 2 Layers with the animated Stickman each. Graphics are the same and the animations are just fine. The problem is, that they dont start / end at the some positions (arm, legs, etc.).

But when i align the different layer in the timeline right after another, the ending position / animation of the first layer isnt congruent to the first position / animation of the second layer.

Now i try to find best practice to make a transition from the end animation in layer 1 to the first animation in layer 2.

I figuered out, that i could set each of the keyframes manually, but this would be a huge and time consuming task throughout the project, as there are arms, legs, body, head eye movements and so on. This wont be the only part in this video i have to do this.

Is there any possibility to just click 2 buttons for example to create an automatic transition from layer to layer? That would speed up to creation of my video tremendously!

There are Screenshots attached to create a better impression of what im reffeing to.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards!

Martin

Lorem Ipsum

Topics

Error or problem, FAQ, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No such thing. Unless they were explicitly linked via expressions, the different layers in different sub-comps don't even have mutual knowledge that the respective other layers/ comps even exist. Sore, creating blended/ weighted animations by interpolating pre-animated values with expressions is perfectly possible, but if it isn't already rigged this way setting it up after the fact is just as much work as animating it manually and well, since you are a beginner there's no real good way to explein it to you other than referring you to a million tutorials out there.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your answere!
I understand.
Best regards!
Martin

Lorem Ipsum

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines