All drives updated

i5 9300h _ gtx 1650+intel hd 630 _ 1080p ips mat screen _ 8gb ram

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance , Preview , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks like you do not understand the Composition Panel. There is a frame in the middle that shows you the composition frame. With no layers visible this frame will be black. Add a solid or footage to the comp and the frame will be filled with the footage if it is big enough to fill the composition frame. Your screenshot shows Comp 1 active, but Comp 3 is selected in the Project Panel and that comp is only 100 X 300 pixels. I have no idea what size Comp 1 is. 

The Composition Panel is set to 100% Magnification ratio so you are looking at the actual pixels in the comp. Change the Magnification Ratio and the frame will fill more of the Composition Panel. It looks like your comp might be about 1920 X 900. You should also use the Composition Settings presets and stick with standard video frame size and frame rates until you become an expert in video standards and formats. You will just get yourself in trouble using non-standard frame sizes.

I suggest that you spend some time with the User Guide or take the time to work through the Learn section of AE that is available in the Learn workspace. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines