Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! I need a Tutorial for a certain Motion Graphics style

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, 

Firstly, Very sorry for the lack of knowledge when it comes to this specific animation style. I do have a lot of After Effects Knowledge in certain areas but this seems to have stumped me. 

I am trying to find a tutorial which will help break down the process for this animation style in the link below: 

https://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/skyscanner_2019_logo_meaning.mp4

If anyone could provide any links to tutorials, insite into what this specific motion graphic style is called? Or any ideas on where I can gain some guidance that would be amazing!

Thanks in advance! 

Adam 

TOPICS
How to , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are talking about this animated graphic then you are looking at animated shape layers. Some of the shape layer animators will help simplify things, but a lot of it is just keyframes. You can also do morphs between shapes if you start with blended objects in Illustrator. Here are two old quick video tutorials of mine shows how to morph from one shape to another. Maybe it will give you some ideas.

The key to success is in the planning. Illustrator will be the best place to start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Amazing, thank you so much. I will have a look at the tutorials now 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you be more specific about what kind of animation you want, the link you send includes a lot of references so try to send one reference only 

OussK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi OussK 

Thanks for your response, apologies I thought I had made it clear. I have picked out the video from another sorce. The animation I am refering to is this one: 

https://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/skyscanner_2019_logo_meaning.mp4

Thanks 

Adam 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines