• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP - Image changes position when exporting tracking data.

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP. I'm an AE noob. I am trying to replace a logo on a building in some drone footage. I successfully did this 3 days ago with another clip using a youtube tutorial. I am using Mocha (free) to track. I was able to do a track, then attach it to a solid to cover the building's logo without issue. I tried doing a second track to attach the new logo to on top of the solid. After 3 attempts, every time I export the NEW track to the image, it resizes it, then the image ends up being sent to the lower right hand portion of the video and follows the track there, instead of the spot I selected for the motion track. I'm ready to pull my FXXXXXG hair out trying to figure it out. I literally did the EXACT process of steps I did 3 days ago when it worked. I'm sure it is something stupid, but I can't figure it out. 

Thanks. 

AE CC  on a 2017 iMac, 16gb ram, OSX.   

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are using corner pin tracking the image you use must be the same size as the footage. The easiest solution is to fit the image to the comp using the Layer/Transform menu, pre-compose your image moving all attributes, then apply the original tracking data to the pre-comp.  If the image is not the same size as the footage who knows where it will end up.

It also sounds like you are running the corner pin tracker again. There should be no need to do that. Once you have a surface tracked, that data is always accessible. There is also no need to attach a solid to cover a logo, you can just attach the image. 

If you are still having problems we need screenshots showing us the modified properties of the layers that are giving you problems. Select the layers, press UU to reveal everything you did to the layer, then embed the screenshots using the toolbar. We also need to know the size of the replacement image. That will show up if you select the image in the Project Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines