Highlighted

Help Needed: Scaling Visual Error/Glitch

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I've been working on this project in After Effects and I'm running into this strange visual glitch where this shape that I am scaling. For some reason, the shape splits up into small slashes as it is scaled. Here is an examples of what the glitch looks like at normal speed and slowed down:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XDZGLE0wUc

Some additional details:

• The glitch only seems to appear between 0.0-1.0% scaling
  • The object is at a 45 degree angle, but seems to happen at any angle except fully horizontal/vertical
  • The objects have no effects on them.
  • The 3 objects are all solids with one being used as a mask, but the same glitch will happen even if the object being scaled is a video or image.
  • The visual error carries over to Adobe Media Encoder and the final render
  • The glitch persists after quitting and restarting After Effects
  • The glitch persists after shutting down and restarting the computer (iMac)
  • I was previously using an outdated version of After Effects, but have since updated it to the most up-to-date version, but the glitch is still there.
  • The glitch is unaffected by motion blur or keyframe adjustments

Help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Rick Gerard | Adobe Community Professional

There appears to be a glitch in scaling very small values when the source has pixels. You have two options.

The first option: Use a shape layer instead of a solid or an image. The problem does not affect vector layers.

The second option, animate the scale first, pre-compose, then set the rotation. Do not Collapse Transformations.

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Help Needed: Scaling Visual Error/Glitch

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I've been working on this project in After Effects and I'm running into this strange visual glitch where this shape that I am scaling. For some reason, the shape splits up into small slashes as it is scaled. Here is an examples of what the glitch looks like at normal speed and slowed down:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XDZGLE0wUc

Some additional details:

• The glitch only seems to appear between 0.0-1.0% scaling
  • The object is at a 45 degree angle, but seems to happen at any angle except fully horizontal/vertical
  • The objects have no effects on them.
  • The 3 objects are all solids with one being used as a mask, but the same glitch will happen even if the object being scaled is a video or image.
  • The visual error carries over to Adobe Media Encoder and the final render
  • The glitch persists after quitting and restarting After Effects
  • The glitch persists after shutting down and restarting the computer (iMac)
  • I was previously using an outdated version of After Effects, but have since updated it to the most up-to-date version, but the glitch is still there.
  • The glitch is unaffected by motion blur or keyframe adjustments

Help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Rick Gerard | Adobe Community Professional

There appears to be a glitch in scaling very small values when the source has pixels. You have two options.

The first option: Use a shape layer instead of a solid or an image. The problem does not affect vector layers.

The second option, animate the scale first, pre-compose, then set the rotation. Do not Collapse Transformations.

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi maxm92024695,

Sorry for your issue and thanks for the detailed post.

1. Are you able to recreate this issue on a new project or it's an issue with this particular project?
  2. Did you use any third-party plug-in?
  3. What are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS)?

Try exporting the project with Software Only renderer selected in Media Encoder: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-change-the-video-renderer-in-premiere-pro/td-...

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think using a shape layer instead of a solid will be a good fix to try. Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines