Highlighted

Help with 3D Pixelstorm

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am trying to apply 3D Pixelstorm to one layer of a logo I am animating and it creates an invisible box. I have to move the invisible box in order to move the part of my logo that I am trying to animate and then when I move it into position, the box is outside of the composition area, so that specific part of the logo gets cut off. (I have attached a screen recording)

Is there a way for me to use 3D Pixelstorm without it creating this invisible box?

Also, when I remove the effect, the part of the logo I am trying to apply the effect to snaps to where the invisible box outline is and does not stay where I initially put it at the beginning. 

TOPICS
Error or problem, FAQ, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Help with 3D Pixelstorm

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am trying to apply 3D Pixelstorm to one layer of a logo I am animating and it creates an invisible box. I have to move the invisible box in order to move the part of my logo that I am trying to animate and then when I move it into position, the box is outside of the composition area, so that specific part of the logo gets cut off. (I have attached a screen recording)

Is there a way for me to use 3D Pixelstorm without it creating this invisible box?

Also, when I remove the effect, the part of the logo I am trying to apply the effect to snaps to where the invisible box outline is and does not stay where I initially put it at the beginning. 

TOPICS
Error or problem, FAQ, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 16, 2020 0
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to educate yourself about how continuously rasterization/ collapse transformations and effects interact. There's really not much more to it than that. Just the mysteries of the CR/ CT layer switch. You basically cannot have "infinitely" sharp vector content combined with most effects, since they will rasterize the layer, anyway. In your case the simple answer would be to just pre-compose the text to a comp and apply the Card Wipe stuff in the parent comp. Other such scenarios may require different solutions, especially when there is other animation involved or the 3D-ish nature of the Card Wipe needs to be retained to create certain illusions.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 0