• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with using effects

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I am new to after effects and I want to use it to put silly effects on videos. However, every time I put an effect on a video it makes the effect last throughout the whole video! Is there any way that I can make effects have a certain time duration? So like after 5-10 seconds It stops showing again. If so then please tell me 🙂

Thank You!

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE's Help Menu includes TWO links to different sets of very useful tutorials - In-appTutorials and Online Tutorials. These were created and structured with mostly new users like yourself in mind. Please use those first before venturing further.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing works. It doesn't help at all! I just want to know how to end an effect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tutorials show how to animate effects. Almost all effects have a state where they do nothing. If they don't, just split the layer (Shift + Ctrl/Cmnd + d) then delete the effect from the new layer.

You are completely wasting your time if you don't open up the User Guide and spend at least a couple of hours on the basics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you but I don't want after effects for anything except for making stuff in my videos look funny/stupid.

I edit what're called

"YTP" Videos. Where I mash up content in a different editor and make a funny video from it.

I want to use after effects for JUST certain meme effects. I also do use windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines