• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HEVC footage from AE not showing up in Media Encoder

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export my comp containing HEVC footage to Media Encoder, it shows up as missing footage in AME. Inside AE, the footage shows up and works fine, it's only once I try exporting the project that it shows up as missing.

hevc_missing.PNG

When I try to export the exact same footage from Premiere, there is no issue. However when I import the AE project into Premiere instead of just the source footage, I get the same issue, this time even in Premiere itself. Needless to say, the file is not missing at all and has never moved.

So it seems like it's an issue with AE specifically as both AME and Premiere can export the file itself just fine, it's when AE gets involved that it breaks.

I'm using the latest 2019 version of everything. This happens across 2 different computers. Footage other than HEVC seems to render just fine. Anyone know how to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Hi edwardcharlesbg,

This issue has been resolved in After Effects CC 2019 (16.0.1). Bug fixes in the December 2018 release (version 16.0.1) of After Effects

Let us know if you still encounter this problem.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known issue in the October 2018 release of After Effects CC (version 16.0). Our apologies for the disruption.

We are testing a fix for this problem for a future update to After Effects. If you would like to help us test this fix, go to https://www.adobeprerelease.com/ and join the After Effects CC bug-fix patch update program. A non-disclosure agreement is required to join the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi edwardcharlesbg,

This issue has been resolved in After Effects CC 2019 (16.0.1). Bug fixes in the December 2018 release (version 16.0.1) of After Effects

Let us know if you still encounter this problem.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am encountering this same problem still in AE (16.0). Because I am on my work computer, I can't experiment with downloading patches. Any resolve? Even playback in the Timeline is glitchy sometimes and I'm on an i9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the only way to resolve this is to update to AE 16.0.1. Sorry to hear that you can't download the update.

-Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for you quick reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

😞   The same problem here with AFX 16.1.3
Is there a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am having this issue and I have the latest Adobe 2020 after effects version. I think this is 17.1.3 version. 

Need help on this matter urgently. I have video files in other formats in the comp I am trying to render but it is just HVEC videos that are causing issue. 

Please help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Yes i'm having this issue too! Just started in the early hours of this morning and persisting after several reboots and 'reloading' footage in AE. Everything is fine in AE but Media Encoder shows the files as missing. I've even tried rendering individual comps within the main comp and they still fail.

Help needed!

ME 14.6

AE 17.5.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines