Highlighted

Hitting 'Apply' to a perspective corner pin doesn't track

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, I watched a few tutorials about motion tracking and using the perspective corner pin option. i am able to get my tracking points set and i selected my 'Edit Target', which is a pre-comp of an animation. When i hit Apply, my comp screen turns white and i do not get the comp to adhere to the tracking points. from what i have watched this process should be pretty simple. are there settings or nuances that i need to know about and why it isnt working? thanks for any assistance. Lisa

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Hitting 'Apply' to a perspective corner pin doesn't track

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, I watched a few tutorials about motion tracking and using the perspective corner pin option. i am able to get my tracking points set and i selected my 'Edit Target', which is a pre-comp of an animation. When i hit Apply, my comp screen turns white and i do not get the comp to adhere to the tracking points. from what i have watched this process should be pretty simple. are there settings or nuances that i need to know about and why it isnt working? thanks for any assistance. Lisa

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What tutorial are you watching? Most of the newer ones on YouTube leave a lot of things unexplained and some show terrible workflows. It's awfully hard to diagnose problems without screenshots showing the modified properties of the layers giving you problems. A flow chart would help. Give us some more details and maybe we can help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a video 'modern-laptop-on table' that I am tracking the screen of the laptop so I can put an animated logo in side of it, 'Coffee break logo'

I tracked the rectangle of the laptop, my track type is perspective corner pin, I set the target to coffee break logo. I hit apply and nothing. let meknow ifyou need any more specs.

Thanks, Lisa

LOGO COMP

image.png

TRACKING POINTS

Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 9.36.21 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-15 at 9.37.15 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-15 at 9.42.08 AM.png 

SETTINGS

END RESULT

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are a couple of the tutorials i watched about motion tracking - specifically perspectve corner pin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVC3dKKZshE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1e4D1rrBAA

they seemed pretty straight forward...

If you want to become a better visual effects artist, one of the best places to start is by learning motion tracking. You can replace screens and attach obje...
Replace anything with four corners with something else that has four corners. Simple. Thanks for watching! Subscribe: TipTut: https://www.youtube.com/c/tiptu...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines