• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I copy/paste multiple key-frames in After Effects from different layers?

Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a shortcut key to copy and paste After Effects keyframes?

No, I don't want any kind of script to do so. I just want to move selected keyframes (they're multiple, not one, and they are in different layers) from a time to another time. But when I copy and paste them, AE pastes the whole layers!

Is there a way to copy them without copying the layers? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

AE's copy & paste functions are contextual, so no, you cannot just marquee-select a bunch of keyframes across layers and hope they get pasted to the same property streams. That's simply not how it works. Indeed you will need scripts to facilitate the process or tackle the process on a layer-by-layer, property-by-property basis.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE's copy & paste functions are contextual, so no, you cannot just marquee-select a bunch of keyframes across layers and hope they get pasted to the same property streams. That's simply not how it works. Indeed you will need scripts to facilitate the process or tackle the process on a layer-by-layer, property-by-property basis.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can if you download and install the free Duik:
https://rainboxlab.org/tools/duik/

I don't know why Adobe hasn't somehow included this.. it's obviously entirely possible via this script so it should be included, even if as add-on or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI @husseinAA,

The latest Beta builds of After Effects now support the ability to copy/paste keyframes on multiple layers at the same time. If you can, please download the latest Beta build and give it a try; let us know if it works as you'd expect.

Cheers,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines