Highlighted

How can I copy/paste multiple key-frames in After Effects from different layers?

Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a shortcut key to copy and paste After Effects keyframes?

No, I don't want any kind of script to do so. I just want to move selected keyframes (they're multiple, not one, and they are in different layers) from a time to another time. But when I copy and paste them, AE pastes the whole layers!

Is there a way to copy them without copying the layers? 

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Mylenium | Most Valuable Participant

AE's copy & paste functions are contextual, so no, you cannot just marquee-select a bunch of keyframes across layers and hope they get pasted to the same property streams. That's simply not how it works. Indeed you will need scripts to facilitate the process or tackle the process on a layer-by-layer, property-by-property basis.

Mylenium

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How can I copy/paste multiple key-frames in After Effects from different layers?

Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a shortcut key to copy and paste After Effects keyframes?

No, I don't want any kind of script to do so. I just want to move selected keyframes (they're multiple, not one, and they are in different layers) from a time to another time. But when I copy and paste them, AE pastes the whole layers!

Is there a way to copy them without copying the layers? 

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Mylenium | Most Valuable Participant

AE's copy & paste functions are contextual, so no, you cannot just marquee-select a bunch of keyframes across layers and hope they get pasted to the same property streams. That's simply not how it works. Indeed you will need scripts to facilitate the process or tackle the process on a layer-by-layer, property-by-property basis.

Mylenium

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines