• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I get this blur effect?

Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanna create blur efferct like "Magic of Hongkong behind the scene" using in 1:03(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApZZItip7Uk).

How can I get this blur effect?

281013A2-2328-4CCC-9E9B-22FD1B564768.png

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Duplicate the footage at least 3 times. Name the top copy Top Mask. Draw a mask on the bottom edge of the lights you want to blur. Name the middle copy Lights, draw a mask around each light source you want to streak. Set the blend mode to add, add directional blur (a bunch), and match the angle of the shot. Start duplicating layers. If the camera is moving you'll need to do some motion tracking for the masks. It took about 2 or 3 minutes to get this from another shot in the video:

Screenshot_2020-08-30 19.26.34_g57wFt.png

There are a c

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's probably an advanced directional blur from a third-party plug-in suite. Sapphire has one and so does Boris Continuum and I'm sure Red Giants VFX suite also includes something similar.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your information.

I will consider implementing third-party plug-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duplicate the footage at least 3 times. Name the top copy Top Mask. Draw a mask on the bottom edge of the lights you want to blur. Name the middle copy Lights, draw a mask around each light source you want to streak. Set the blend mode to add, add directional blur (a bunch), and match the angle of the shot. Start duplicating layers. If the camera is moving you'll need to do some motion tracking for the masks. It took about 2 or 3 minutes to get this from another shot in the video:

Screenshot_2020-08-30 19.26.34_g57wFt.png

There are a couple dozen ways to get streaks like this without 3rd party effects, it just requires a little masking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help!

When I tried it, I'm still bad at it, but I got something like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines