• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I hide (Or mask?) a picture when it passes a certain line?

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe community,

I recently started toying with AE (Ver: 17.1.4) after some experience with Premiere. I wanted to do something simple yet interesting; and wanted to animate a sort of disc being inserted into a kind of DVD slot. I have provided an image showing what the basics would be. I tried experimenting with masks but I could not figure them out due to me being new to the software. So, how am I able to replicate the effect in the image?example.png

PC Specs: School Laptop / Personal laptop GPU: IHD 4600 / IHD 620 CPU: i5-4310 / i5-8265
TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you don't need to figure anything out if you only read the online help and then based on that dig for additional tutorials. Just sayin'... Also in your case you also might want to cover the subject of track mattes and possibly also something as trivial as a linear wipe effect to clip away the relevant parts of your disc.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

...That's probably a better idea than beelining to the forums for something real simple.

PC Specs: School Laptop / Personal laptop GPU: IHD 4600 / IHD 620 CPU: i5-4310 / i5-8265

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines