• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I make it look like the money is flying out of the car?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_nMVv1e_kg&feature=emb_title

Manually doing it was a pain in the ass, yet it didn't work / look good

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

You need a particle system that allows you to use a layer as a particle, some masking and/or multiple copies of the particle system to get bills on both sides of the car, and some parenting or expressions to match the camera moves or scaling in the comp. 

We could give you better advice if we saw a screenshot and/or flowchart so we know how you are setting up the comp. At a minimum, I would have the Background layer on the bottom, one copy of the particle system above that, the car and passeng

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One idea is the image of money is treated as a particle. I would suggest you use Boris FX Particle Illusion or Trapcode Form.

https://borisfx.com/products/particle-illusion/

https://www.redgiant.com/products/trapcode-form/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would make a composition of a single ticket, animated and deformed with the "Bezier Warp" effect, then I would duplicate many layers of that composition, change their position, size, rotation in the master composition and place them at different times in the timeline to make them look independent. There are not many so this would be an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need a particle system that allows you to use a layer as a particle, some masking and/or multiple copies of the particle system to get bills on both sides of the car, and some parenting or expressions to match the camera moves or scaling in the comp. 

We could give you better advice if we saw a screenshot and/or flowchart so we know how you are setting up the comp. At a minimum, I would have the Background layer on the bottom, one copy of the particle system above that, the car and passengers on the next layer, then a second copy of the particle system on top. All layers would be 3D and then I would animate the camera and the background layer.

Took about 5 minutes to set this up. The screenshot is showing everything I did to the CC Particle World. The Money comp is just a 200 X 200 comp with a simple animated shape layer for the money. I've got particles in front of and behind the doorpost of the camera. The settings on the bottom Particles layer are slightly different. Pre-compose the particle layers and add Time Remapping to gain complete control over the speed of the money flying out of the car. 

Screenshot_2020-11-18 09.53.33_UvvUrV.png

Make the Car layer 3D and the Camera will interact with the car and the particles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow thanks a lot, those settings worked perfectly. Only some small things, since I'm new to particles.

1) I don't want the money to follow the color maps, I want them to remain the same color as they already were in the video.

2) How can I make the money fly out of the car in the right direction ?

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One more thing, the money is at a low quality

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines