Highlighted

How can I resize content to fill entire composition size 1080 x 1920

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

First post here and relatively new to after effects so apologies if any of my wording is wrong.

I have an animation that Is currently 1920 x 1080 but I want the composition size to be 1080 x 1920 (mobile display orientation). I have changed the comp size to 1080 x 1920 the issue now is that there are black bars at the top and bottom of the animation where it is not large enough.

Does anyone know how I can resize all of the animation and effects proportionally so it take up all of the space on the new vertical layout?

I have looked at other posts here and cannot seem to get it to do what I need, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Screenshot 2020-09-09 at 09.28.02.png

TOPICS
How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How can I resize content to fill entire composition size 1080 x 1920

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

First post here and relatively new to after effects so apologies if any of my wording is wrong.

I have an animation that Is currently 1920 x 1080 but I want the composition size to be 1080 x 1920 (mobile display orientation). I have changed the comp size to 1080 x 1920 the issue now is that there are black bars at the top and bottom of the animation where it is not large enough.

Does anyone know how I can resize all of the animation and effects proportionally so it take up all of the space on the new vertical layout?

I have looked at other posts here and cannot seem to get it to do what I need, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Screenshot 2020-09-09 at 09.28.02.png

TOPICS
How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 09, 2020 0
Guide ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new comp with the new dimensions and drag the old comp into it.

Now you can scale the comp-layer as much as you need.

Visuals might get pixellated and depening on how things are created, you can prevent this by just activating Continous Rastersation on all comps and layers, or you can't because the visuals are rasterized already.

In the latter case, I would enlarge/re-create the background only to get rid of the black bars.

*Martin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin,

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly!

I have created a new comp at 1080 x 1920 but when I select all of the layers on the original file it will not let me drop them onto the new composition file, is there a certian location this needs to be done from or am I just being stupid?...

Thanks again!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 0
Guide ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find the original comp in the project panel and drag it into your newly created comp.

That's all.

*Martin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 0