Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HOW DID YOU LEARN AFTER EFFECTS?

New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, 

I'm a cinematographer/video editor. I do things on AE by watching things on Youtube. However, I don't think it is the way to learn AE deeply. I tried couple of online courses but they are waste of time. How did you learn AE? Please share. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You start by asking in that forum

To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/
Moving from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How did I learn AE? I've been working with it for a little more than 25 years. I read as much as I could, experimented, attended seminars, worked with developers, and studied the documentation. Studied the available documentation was the key. It has never been excellent, but it will give you the basics.

Vet your trainers. Most of the tutorials you will find on YouTube have been prepared by enthusiasts and most of them present inefficient workflows and lack proper explanations. You'll end up on the forums trying to figure out what you are doing wrong. 

To start, check the User Guide. There are links on the Home Screen in AE and in the Learn Workspace. These will give you the basics and you need that knowledge to make sense of most of the tutorials you find on the internet. If you buy 3rd party plug-ins or pick up the free ones from Red Giant or Video Copilot make sure you look at their tutorials first. 

If you have a few bucks to spare check out Linkedin Learning.

You also need to study up on video formats and compression. Almost every day there are posts from folks that are having problems with rendering. Until you absolutely understand the standards make sure you use the Presets for composition settings and rendering with the Render Cue or the Media Encoder. 

You can look for some training that I have been working on for the last several months. I hope to be releasing it soon. It's all about visual effects and composting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines