Highlighted

How do I animate the pieces of the logo to come together?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the logoThis is the logoI want to animate the triangles/shapes of the logo to come together to form the logo (like a reverse shatter effect but the shapes are the pieces of the logo). Imagine the pieces of the logo are broken apart and further away from each other. Then, I animate them to come together and form the logo. How do I go about doing this? Can I do this by creating a custom shatter map for the shatter effect? But for that, I need to change the shape of a solid layer. Do I just mask out each other triangle shapes and keyframe them to make the pieces come together as a logo?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Rick Gerard | Adobe Community Professional

By far the easiest solution is to create the logo in Illustrator, put everything you want to animate on a separate layer, then import as a composition retaining layer size. Your Artboard should be the same size in pixels or points as your comp. 1920 X 1080 is the standard for HD. Position the logo on the artboard where you want it to end up. 

When you import the AI file as a comp retaining layer size you can move down the timeline to the point where you want the logo to be "assembled" and set keyframes for position, scale and rotation. Then you back up to the point in the timeline where you want the logo to be broken apart and put each layer where you want it to be. Then it's just a matter of adjusting the timing and the motion paths. 

A less precise method would be to just use Shatter to break apart the logo. You can create a shape map using the logo, then shatter with a gradient or by animating the force. When you successfully shatter your logo, Pre-compose the layer, apply Time Remapping, then time reverse the keyframes to make the shattered logo re-assemble. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I animate the pieces of the logo to come together?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the logoThis is the logoI want to animate the triangles/shapes of the logo to come together to form the logo (like a reverse shatter effect but the shapes are the pieces of the logo). Imagine the pieces of the logo are broken apart and further away from each other. Then, I animate them to come together and form the logo. How do I go about doing this? Can I do this by creating a custom shatter map for the shatter effect? But for that, I need to change the shape of a solid layer. Do I just mask out each other triangle shapes and keyframe them to make the pieces come together as a logo?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Rick Gerard | Adobe Community Professional

By far the easiest solution is to create the logo in Illustrator, put everything you want to animate on a separate layer, then import as a composition retaining layer size. Your Artboard should be the same size in pixels or points as your comp. 1920 X 1080 is the standard for HD. Position the logo on the artboard where you want it to end up. 

When you import the AI file as a comp retaining layer size you can move down the timeline to the point where you want the logo to be "assembled" and set keyframes for position, scale and rotation. Then you back up to the point in the timeline where you want the logo to be broken apart and put each layer where you want it to be. Then it's just a matter of adjusting the timing and the motion paths. 

A less precise method would be to just use Shatter to break apart the logo. You can create a shape map using the logo, then shatter with a gradient or by animating the force. When you successfully shatter your logo, Pre-compose the layer, apply Time Remapping, then time reverse the keyframes to make the shattered logo re-assemble. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2020 1