Highlighted

How do I copy a path with modified transform values?

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically, I wanted to morph shapes by pasting a path from another layer. I modified the transform values of that layer to match the layer that I will animate. And then, when I pasted the path, It brings back to its original transform values when I imported the shape from illustrator.Untitled-1.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I copy a path with modified transform values?

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically, I wanted to morph shapes by pasting a path from another layer. I modified the transform values of that layer to match the layer that I will animate. And then, when I pasted the path, It brings back to its original transform values when I imported the shape from illustrator.Untitled-1.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 07, 2020 0
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Path coordinates are always relative to the layer, so it works as it always has. You have to actually move the paths, not the entire layer. For your issue you would need to use one of the scripts you can find on AEscripts.com to convert the data. Most of them work with masks, though, not shape layer paths, so that's yet another extra step.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2020 0