• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I manually reset after effects preferences?

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got this new laptop and after effects 2019 keeps not responding when doing little things like previewing the video without any effects. I tried the ctrl alt shift thing to reset preferences but the dialog won't come up. I see the preferences in my folder, but which one do i delete?

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , How to , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can hold down Shift + Alt/Option + Ctrl/Cmnd when you open After Effects and choose to delete your old preferences.

You can go to Preferences>Gereral and browse to the Preferences folder using the link then rename the file or delete it and then open After Effects again. If you have some things saved in your preferences and you want to retrieve them if the problem with the app was not preferences then this is the easiest way I know of to keep a copy of your preferences file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines