• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I remove the grey bars that appear after a layer in the timeline?

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see some grey bars in my timeline after a clip that I can also move forwards and backwards. What's their purpose and how do I remove them so I can just have blank space in their place?

TOPICS
FAQ , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

There is nothing to remove. Those are the original source durations of the footage. You may want to read the online help on these basics. They will only "go away" if you were to pre-compose the visible sections to a matching comp, but that will be impractical many times and is technically unnecessary if you don't have another reason for doing so like specifically nesting and structuring your work to achieve certain effects.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing to remove. Those are the original source durations of the footage. You may want to read the online help on these basics. They will only "go away" if you were to pre-compose the visible sections to a matching comp, but that will be impractical many times and is technically unnecessary if you don't have another reason for doing so like specifically nesting and structuring your work to achieve certain effects.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should probably spend some time with the User Guide. Just poking around in the UI or watching YouTube tutorials prepared by enthusiasts that have found a recipe for some kind of effect is mostly a waste of your time. AE is very complicated, most workflows I see on YouTube are not very efficient and without doing some serious homework you are going to be spending a lot of time on forums asking questions instead of getting some work done. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines