Highlighted

How do I scale down proportionally?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new AE course I'm watching says that to scale down an object and retain its aspect ratio, you use Shift + click and drag. 

That does not work for me.  And when I click and drag, the ratio isn't maintained, either.

How to do it?

Community Beginner
Correct answer by sskaz | Community Beginner

Hold shift after you start dragging. If you’re holding shift before clicking, you’re just changing your current selection. This is pretty standard selection behavior for most applications, not just Adobe apps.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I scale down proportionally?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new AE course I'm watching says that to scale down an object and retain its aspect ratio, you use Shift + click and drag. 

That does not work for me.  And when I click and drag, the ratio isn't maintained, either.

How to do it?

Community Beginner
Correct answer by sskaz | Community Beginner

Hold shift after you start dragging. If you’re holding shift before clicking, you’re just changing your current selection. This is pretty standard selection behavior for most applications, not just Adobe apps.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you hold Shift during dragging or just click it and then hold and drag the bounding-box point?

And describr please AE version and OS, this may help to say something more.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0