• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How import AOM file using scripting Or how to script the output setting

New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to come up to import aom file or Or a way to script custom right out modules.

Need to be able to set format type I.E Quicktime 

Format Options - Apple RroRes 422 HQ

Set a custom output module name.

I've looked through http://docs.aenhancers.com/renderqueue/renderqueue/

And cannot find any where the settings are.

TOPICS
Expressions , Import and export , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had a script set up output module templates in the past by having it load a prepared project with specific output module types in its render queue and using:

app.project.renderQueue.item(index).outputModule(index).saveAsTemplate(name)

The script checked through the existing templates first and if the relevant ones didn't exist it would import the template project and create them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, How do you import a saved Template?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

never mind I understand now, need to make a aep file with all of my setting reead it and then it will save on the locally system.

Thanks so much very helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone expand on this?

I created a render item in my project and using my required output template and ran it without issue using

aerender -rqindex 1 -output "thisFile"

But how did you have that command save the .aom (or save the selected output module) to the local node?

If I then try:

aerender -comp "thisComp" -OMtemplate "thisTemplate" -output "thisFile"

It fails since the OM "thisTemplate" does not exist.

In the end I logged into my account  on the node and imported my .aom file, but this will be a chore when I need to do it on 10 machines. I don't understand how to import the .aom or have it saved from the Render Queue onto the node?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do it using a script that opens an existing project containing those templates and having the script then save the relevant templates from that project's render queue. Scripts are not the same as using terminal commands to launch aerender, they've a form of javascript that you'd typically run from inside AE's File > Scripts menu.

I've never looked into running scripts from the terminal so couldn't say if what you're asking is possible. According to this post using the terminal to run a script on Mac isn't supported but there's a solution using applescript.

https://gfxhacks.com/quick-setup-for-after-effects-scripting/

You could perhaps also put a script in the Startup Scripts folder and launch AE from the terminal but I doubt scripts will run using aerender rather than the full app as that's just the render engine. If you're trying to do this without having to authorise each machine to use your AE license perhaps looking into syncing the prefs across machines might be a better solution but I'm just speculating here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try doing it with a startup script but that loads when the application loads (before the project).

When looking at the data that is produced by 

app.project.renderQueue.item(index).outputModule(index).saveAsTemplate(name)

it totally seems possible, just need to understand how to load the script when the file opens. Ive seen people say afterFX.exe <project>&<script> but that does not work.

I'm sure if I sit with it for a while I should get it. but at this point I got the configuration I need for the next few projects loaded on all the machines so it's not too big of a deal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the case of a startup script I would have a 'setup' project containing the presets in a known location and have the script load that project. This could perhaps be some central network location so you could easily update it. You could do something like have a named comp for each preset, you add them all to the queue, the script loads that project, examines each render queue item (using the comp name) to check if the preset exists and if  not, save a new preset using that render queue items settings and the comp name.

Any terminal command will depend on if you're Mac or PC so it's difficult for me to comment not knowing. Apparently you can run a script through AE that way on PC but on Mac you may have to use Applescript.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually use both windows and mac, so I could do it either way. Just don't totally understand how to run an AE script via terminal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could always try asking that specific question on here. As I said I've not tried so can only go by what comes up googling "after effects run script command prompt":

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/running-script-file-without-ui-from-command-prompt/td-p...

Which says for Windows: 

In order to execute a script from command prompt you need to use this:

afterfx.exe -r "c:\myDocuments\Scripts\Script Name with Spaces.jsx"

Note that this should be ran inside the after effects install folder in the command prompt. If you want to use it from any other place, the full command would be:

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2019\Support Files\afterfx.exe" -r "c:\myDocuments\Scripts\Script Name with Spaces.jsx"

Also, sometimes this command line need the quotes from the script path removed, so it could be:

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2019\Support Files\afterfx.exe" -r c:\myDocuments\Scripts\Script Name with Spaces.jsx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome, thanks. -noui -r is probably all I needed to do, but when I tried to run the script from terminal tried from the Mac and didnt try on Windows.

I'll give this a try but it looks like it should be enough for me to get it wokring with a little sit down..

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines