• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add a Template to the RenderQueue?

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2011 May 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would like to change the OutputModules in my RenderQueue via Iterator like this:

app.project.renderQueue.item(i).applyTemplate("myTemplate");

But allways get an Error (myTemplate is not a valid Templatename).

Where can I find the real Name of my Template "myTemplate"?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , May 09, 2011 May 09, 2011

The only way to set Render Settings and output Modules through scripting is to use applyTemplate() to apply an existing template. If you already know the template name you can just put that in....or you can query the .templates array to find the names of all available templates.

So, your original line was correct for adding a render setting template, for example:

app.project.renderQueue.item(i).applyTemplate("Best Settings");

But to apply an outputmodule template you'd want something like:

app.proje

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a RenderQueue item .templates is an array of available Render Settings templates. Use .applyTemplate() on a RenderQueue item to apply render settings templates.

To apply output modules templates you need to start from an OutputModule object i.e. app.project.renderQueue.item(index).outputModule(index), from where .templates gives an array of available output module templates and you use .applyTemplate() to apply it.

You'll find all this info in the CS3 Scripting Guide under RenderQueueItem object and OutputModule object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, I allready know the CS3 Scripting Guide but I do not understand anything about Output/Template.

I would like to SET the RenderQueue to some specific Things like QT-Animation,Audio-ON, Alpha...

First I thought to built a Template of this Settings and select this via script. But now I am confused.

Via Script I only can read any Strings from a Template/Output? I do not need to read a string, I need to set the right values for the Rendering.

Perhaps Templates or Output Modules are not the Objects I have to handle with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way to set Render Settings and output Modules through scripting is to use applyTemplate() to apply an existing template. If you already know the template name you can just put that in....or you can query the .templates array to find the names of all available templates.

So, your original line was correct for adding a render setting template, for example:

app.project.renderQueue.item(i).applyTemplate("Best Settings");

But to apply an outputmodule template you'd want something like:

app.project.renderQueue.item(i).outputModule(1).applyTemplate("Lossless");

To apply a custom template you would create that template manually in the normal way in After Effects (either from Edit > Templates > Output Module or using Make Template in the render queue) then get the script to apply the template with that name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now I am on my way!

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines