• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add more free transform points into a mask in after effects?

Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to add more free transform points onto a mask. Is this possible and how do I add more points?

I have provided a (very rough) example of what I am speaking over.

Thank youaemaskadd.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Free Transform is always a rectangle. You can select multiple points and end up with smaller rectangles, but you can't add points to the transform tool. There is a solution.

Use the pen tool and the Alt/Option and Cmnd/Ctrl modifier keys to switch between tools. There's a lot of good information in the help files if you just use Search Help in the top right corner of AE. Here's a short tutorial on editing and animating masks that should get you started.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Free Transform is always a rectangle. You can select multiple points and end up with smaller rectangles, but you can't add points to the transform tool. There is a solution.

Use the pen tool and the Alt/Option and Cmnd/Ctrl modifier keys to switch between tools. There's a lot of good information in the help files if you just use Search Help in the top right corner of AE. Here's a short tutorial on editing and animating masks that should get you started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey there Rick,

Thank you for the help and tips! Also, I'll make sure to look at that Search Help in After Effects!

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines