• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to adjust scale of a subject while background shot pulls or pushes?

Participant ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case that headline isn't clear, here's the situation:

I have a subject that was shot from above on green screen.  She's standing looking up at the sky.

I have a drone shot of a field that starts low to the ground and pulls to about 150 ft up.

I want to place her in the field and continuously adjust her scale so that as the drone pulls up and away she gets proportionally smaller.  I've tried eyeballing it in Premiere but it doesn't quite work.

How do I calculate the amount I should reduce her scale and where I should place keyframes over the duration of the shot, relative to the speed and height of the drone shot, so that this looks natural?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Expressions , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Do a 3D track in After Effects, create Camera and nulls, make her footage a 3D layer, and Shift + pick wip it to a null on the ground.

Here's a tutorial if you're new to 3D Tracking:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqFskLSlToY

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do a 3D track in After Effects, create Camera and nulls, make her footage a 3D layer, and Shift + pick wip it to a null on the ground.

Here's a tutorial if you're new to 3D Tracking:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqFskLSlToY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines