• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to advance to the in and out "B" & "N"?

Participant ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I cannot remember the shortcut for advancing to your in & out point that I've set by using the shortcut "B" and "N". How do I move the playhead back and forth without having to drag  it between those two points?

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

SHIFT + Home & SHIFT + End gets you to the Work Area's In and Out points respectively.
HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could just hit I and O with the layer selected. Isn't that too obvious?

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was thinking of these 2 points on the timeline. Apologies, for the confusion. How can I get the playhead to junp to either one of those 2 points?

If I hit "I" and "O" it takes me to the layers in and out point. I guess it should be expressed as the work area?

Thanks.

Weaver23_0-1609085620359.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"J" and "k"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J and K jump keyframes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try it? it works also with work area

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does but it will land on every visible keyframe before getting there. Easier to set a number marker at each point and jump between with those two numbers  🤷‍:male_sign:🕺😂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My answer was regarding the screenshot of the original poster where no keyframes were visible, anyway, I would press U to hide keyframes before using J or K, or even better I will drag the time indicator to the in or out point of the work area pressing shift key which will snap to those points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're absolutely right! 🤣

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In CS6 my favourite hotkeys were fo the comp markers that go across the top of the timeline. You could hold shift and hit the main keyboard number keys this would add numbered comp markers and you can jump from one to the other just hitting the relevant number key. So very handy. I used it all the time.

I am only starting with the latest version of this and it seems changed slightly ( for the numbers 1 to 3 anyway) I am currently changeing it back. But try holding shift and hitting 4 on your in point, then hold shift and hit 5 on second point. You should see two new markers. Then jump between the two by hitting 4 and 5 on their own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SHIFT + Home & SHIFT + End gets you to the Work Area's In and Out points respectively.
HTH

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Perfect!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on! shift plus home and end... sure you nearly have to stretch your whole body across the keyboard to hold all those keys down 😂😂😂 easier to let one measely finger hop between two number keys but hey thats just me 🤔🤷‍:male_sign:😂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hehe.. exactly, for me Shift + drag time indicator is the fastest way to go between workarea's In Out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude numbered comp markers! Jump between several points instantly 8)🤣

( in older versions shift plus a number key on the main keyboard to set the markers then the number keys on their own to jump to any one of them... 0 to 9 plus home and end is 12 places!) 8)🤣 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most keyboards have TWO SHIFT, ALT and CTRL keys. It's a non-issue to hit SHIFT + Home/End. Numbered Comp Markers are good alternatives but I mostly use it when I'm setting up alternative Preview Ranges.And there is the case where you need numbered Comp Markers for other uses.

And you can't really SHIFT+Drag to the Work Area's In/Out points if you're zoomed into the Timeline and one or both points are out of view. So, SHIFT+Home/End are good key combos to know. All the others are useful but come to nought under certain circumstances.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines