Highlighted

How to alter individual elements of preset

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to the community. I have used Photoshop and Premiere for years, but I am fairly new at using After Effects... 

I have three numbers (832) that I have dropping down with the "Drop-in by character" preset. Each one drops in individually. I need the 8 to drop in first and then the 3 and 2 to drop in together as "32" (thirty-two), instead of 3 and then 2.  I can change their speed, positions, etc., but have been unable to figure out how to make the "32" come in simultaneously.  Any ideas or help?  Thanks to all who help us greenhorns!

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to alter individual elements of preset

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to the community. I have used Photoshop and Premiere for years, but I am fairly new at using After Effects... 

I have three numbers (832) that I have dropping down with the "Drop-in by character" preset. Each one drops in individually. I need the 8 to drop in first and then the 3 and 2 to drop in together as "32" (thirty-two), instead of 3 and then 2.  I can change their speed, positions, etc., but have been unable to figure out how to make the "32" come in simultaneously.  Any ideas or help?  Thanks to all who help us greenhorns!

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 16, 2020 0
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, to be straight, the simplest way would be to not bother with text animators at all and animate two separate layers directly with position keyframes, but I guess you haven't even read the online help on these basics and just slapped on presets, so there seems little point in further longwinded explanations much less beginning to explain using multipel text animators or other solutions. There's basically your answer - you have to read the help and change your approach to the whole matter.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 16, 2020 0