Highlighted

How to change Alt+Scroll behavior

Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using After Effects 17.5.1 right now, and noticed that there is a new "feature" that turns Alt+Mouse Scroll Wheel into a camera dolly tool when your timeline has a 3D Layer.

Normally when you use Alt+Scroll on the Composition Panel, you zoom into the cursor position on your composition. I use this all the time while I'm working because it takes so much less time than using only your scroll wheel or the zooming keyboard shortcuts "," "."and then finding your Comp POI with the Hand Tool.

With this new version of After Effects, this functionality is lost once you add a 3D layer. I never have needed/wanted to use the camera dolly tool in this way. Is there a way to turn this off?

Edit > preferences > 3D: turn off the second option: Activate Alt - Left...

TOPICS
Error or problem, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to change Alt+Scroll behavior

Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using After Effects 17.5.1 right now, and noticed that there is a new "feature" that turns Alt+Mouse Scroll Wheel into a camera dolly tool when your timeline has a 3D Layer.

Normally when you use Alt+Scroll on the Composition Panel, you zoom into the cursor position on your composition. I use this all the time while I'm working because it takes so much less time than using only your scroll wheel or the zooming keyboard shortcuts "," "."and then finding your Comp POI with the Hand Tool.

With this new version of After Effects, this functionality is lost once you add a 3D layer. I never have needed/wanted to use the camera dolly tool in this way. Is there a way to turn this off?

TOPICS
Error or problem, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 19, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
imcaleb LATEST
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2020 0