Highlighted

How to change Footage video with work

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to apply the key frames and mask that I worked on 1080p to 4k video in After Effects.

But if I replace Footage, the location will be broken
Is there any way?
I'm sorry for my English.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Rick Gerard | Adobe Community Professional

I am assuming that you used an HD proxy of the original footage.

If the scale property of the footage you want to replace is animated in any way, move to the first frame of the comp and add a new 2D null to the timeline, Cut all the scale keyframes by selecting the scale property in the footage layer and paste them to the Null, then parent the null to the original footage. Now parent the footage to the null. If the scale of the original footage is no 100% at the first frame make note of the scale and if necessary to remember it add a layer marker at the first frame and note the scale.

Go to File/Scripts/Scale Composition.jsx, and choose New Comp Width, type in the desired new width, probably 3940, make sure the comp is selected, and apply it to your original comp changing the width to match your 4D footage. This will transform all of the animation and the masks to the new frame size.

Select the HD footage in the comp, select the 4K footage in the Project Panel, hold down the Alt/Option key, and drag the 4K footage to the timeline. Everything should match up. If the first frame of the HD footage was not at 100% scale then reset the scale to match the original scale value of the HD footage you recorded in the layer marker. 

If the original HD footage was not scaled you don't have to do anything. If you have nested comps you will also have to go into the Project Panel and run the Scale Composition script on all of the nested comps (pre-comps).

TOPICS
Error or problem, FAQ, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to change Footage video with work

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to apply the key frames and mask that I worked on 1080p to 4k video in After Effects.

But if I replace Footage, the location will be broken
Is there any way?
I'm sorry for my English.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Rick Gerard | Adobe Community Professional

If the scale property of the footage you want to replace is animated in any way, move to the first frame of the comp and add a new 2D null to the timeline, Cut all the scale keyframes by selecting the scale property in the footage layer and paste them to the Null, then parent the null to the original footage. Now parent the footage to the null. If the scale of the original footage is no 100% at the first frame make note of the scale and if necessary to remember it add a layer marker at the first frame and note the scale.

Go to File/Scripts/Scale Composition.jsx, and choose New Comp Width, type in the desired new width, probably 3940, make sure the comp is selected, and apply it to your original comp changing the width to match your 4D footage. This will transform all of the animation and the masks to the new frame size.

Select the HD footage in the comp, select the 4K footage in the Project Panel, hold down the Alt/Option key, and drag the 4K footage to the timeline. Everything should match up. If the first frame of the HD footage was not at 100% scale then reset the scale to match the original scale value of the HD footage you recorded in the layer marker. 

If the original HD footage was not scaled you don't have to do anything. If you have nested comps you will also have to go into the Project Panel and run the Scale Composition script on all of the nested comps (pre-comps).

TOPICS
Error or problem, FAQ, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 19, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to pre-compose the footage while leaving the masks in the parent comp and then replace the footage inside the comp.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already worked on video.

I just suddenly chage Footage

Is there any other way?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works it!

Thanks!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0