Highlighted

How to change the colour of the fractal

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've put two fractal noises together then applied two glow's. For both glows I've changed the "white" and "black" default colours to match the sun pattern and both glows are set to "Alpha Channel". However no matter what I do I can't seem to be able to change the black portions that are present in the colour. Can someone help me to understand what the black parts are and how to change it's colour?

(see attached image)

Thanks

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to change the colour of the fractal

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've put two fractal noises together then applied two glow's. For both glows I've changed the "white" and "black" default colours to match the sun pattern and both glows are set to "Alpha Channel". However no matter what I do I can't seem to be able to change the black portions that are present in the colour. Can someone help me to understand what the black parts are and how to change it's colour?

(see attached image)

Thanks

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 02, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fractal Noise has no Alpha to begin with, so I'm not even sure why you are using this option. Given your effects stacking order the Alpha would be determined by the CC Sphere's cookie cutter shape, nothing more. The rest is simply down to you apparently not having educated yourself on several basics: How (physical) glow even works, how effect order affects appearance and by extension how blending modes work. Your whole setup is basically wrong for what you seem to be trying to achieve. In order to actually colorize the Fractal Noise, there would have to be an effect like Colorama/ Tritone somewhere. The glow would have to be based on Luminance and for it to actually color the dark areas as well it would have to be set to a different blending mode. That and of course in order to produce some snazzy glows you can't use the same, washed out colors you use for the base coloration. It would be best if you actually started by sitting down and watching a few tutorials as well as reading the online help. The old Video CoPilot ones are still adequate and explain pretty much any of the points I noted just like reading the online help can give you a basic idea about stuff like blending modes.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the guidance. Yes I'm trying to learn through painful experiences and reading up as I get clues on the journey. So far I'm in my first week of learning AE. Will take your advice and reflect on it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0