Highlighted

How to create a Textframe that automatically dsiplays Size Value

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am searching for a way to replicate something like on the attached gif, In the middle would be an Object (a shape for example) and I want four Markers around it, that automatically show the size value of the object in the middle.

Is there an expression or another way that let's me do that?

Very much appreciated, Céline

simone-cutri-graphic-design-itsnicethat-10.gif

TOPICS
Expressions, How to, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to create a Textframe that automatically dsiplays Size Value

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am searching for a way to replicate something like on the attached gif, In the middle would be an Object (a shape for example) and I want four Markers around it, that automatically show the size value of the object in the middle.

Is there an expression or another way that let's me do that?

Very much appreciated, Céline

simone-cutri-graphic-design-itsnicethat-10.gif

TOPICS
Expressions, How to, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 26, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's basically the old "auto-adaptive box around text" just in a different guise. If it's realyl only text, the sourceRactAtTime() expression function would be usable, but if you need it to be versatile, you pretty much have to do it the old, hard way like in this example for instance:

http://www.motionscript.com/design-guide/collision.html

It's all complicated math and of course in addition you have to rig up the corners and value readouts in your example as well.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I think I figured it out. I did it manually with source text and a slider controller. Maybe not the most elegant way but it works. Thanks a lot for your help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 0