• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create looping beads around an object?

Enthusiast ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope someone can help. I'm going to recreate this image below:

logo sample.png

And then on different layers have the blue and red rings on them. I need to then be able to have the beads follow the ring path in a looping animated sequence. I'm OK with AfterEffects but just can't seem to figure out how to do it for this one. I cannot write script either so it will have to be within the AE framework.

Can anyone suggest how to do this for me please? Thank you.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020
  1. Create a Null layer
  2. Create your beads
  3. Copy & paste a circular mask to the motion paths of the beads
  4. Adjust the timing
  5. Parent the beads to the Null
  6. Rotate the Null to move the whole circle of beads
  7. Rinse repeat for other elements, including a layer that holds a copy of the path with a stroke for that glowy effect

This works both in 3D and 2D and you may want to use additional options like auto-orient (to path or to camera) to get an even more perfect illusion.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Create a Null layer
  2. Create your beads
  3. Copy & paste a circular mask to the motion paths of the beads
  4. Adjust the timing
  5. Parent the beads to the Null
  6. Rotate the Null to move the whole circle of beads
  7. Rinse repeat for other elements, including a layer that holds a copy of the path with a stroke for that glowy effect

This works both in 3D and 2D and you may want to use additional options like auto-orient (to path or to camera) to get an even more perfect illusion.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help much appreciated. I drew some motion and it seems to work well but I just can't figure out how to make it go around the blue body. I'm practicing with basic shapes and you can download what I have below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-pqY_0mOeX9S5_KElexfqjrfqWyBYddx/view

I'm terrible with masks so that's what I'm having trouble with. Any help is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just following up on this. Can't seem to figure out how to make the blue circle "orbit" in front of and behind the green box with either a mask or matte?

AE front and behind.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines