How to create swirl effect

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to mimic the swirl effect on the color gradient at 0:13 in this video. 

I would like to create something similar for what I'm working on right now. 

I tried applying a four color gradient and turbulent displacment effect. That, obviously, didn't work. blob.png

TOPICS
FAQ, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Create a gradient on a shape layer rectangle and then distort the layer using your choice of Distort Effects like Mesh Warp
  2. Add another shape layer the size and shape you want your object and set it as a track matte for the Gradient layer

Screenshot_2020-10-16 14.41.25_iN4Snx.png

Pre-compose the pair and animate position and composite with other layers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jacob01 AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine doesn't look like that AT ALL.  This is what I see.Screenshot 2020-11-05 230401.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick has a good idea. I'll add another – use the Mask Feather Tool along with animating the Mask Path and Layer>Transform>Position/Rotation props.

<br>Development | Consulting | Training>Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Solutions <br><br>Development | Consulting | Training

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines